23/01/2020 | 09:45 | Meetings
An Informal Meeting of Ministers of Justice and Home Affairs will be held in Zagreb on 23 and 24 January 2020
(23 January - Meeting of Ministers of Justice and 24 January Meeting of Ministers of Interior).
During the justice affairs section of the Informal Meeting of Ministers of Justice and Home Affairs, the Ministers of Justice will discuss progress on the Strategic Guidelines in the area of freedom, security and justice, judicial education and the importance of judicial networks in civil and commercial matters.
This meeting is also the first ministerial-level meeting to be held in the Republic of Croatia during the Croatian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The informal Justice and Home Affairs ministerial meeting will continue the next day, January 24, when the interior ministers meet in accordance with their agenda.
In the section on home affairs, ministers will discuss further work on the implementation of the 2019-2024 Strategic Agenda and future Strategic Guidelines on Freedom, Security and Justice. It is also the intention of the ministers to discuss further progress and the soonest possible implementation of information systems interoperability and further steps in the implementation of the European Border and Coast Guard Regulation. In the area of migration, the discussion will be dedicated to combating organized smuggling networks.
Agenda:Thursday, 23 January 2020
- 8.45 – 9.45 Arrival at the National and University Library
- 10.00 – 12.00 Working session I – Looking ahead to the area of freedom, security and justice (part concerning justice)
- 12.00 - 12.15 Family photo
- 12.15 – 14.00 Working lunch – The role and importance of the European Judicial Network in civil and commercial matters in facilitating judicial cooperation
- 14.00 – 15.30 Working session II – Further strengthening of judicial training
- 15.30 – 16.00 Press conference Friday, 24 January 2020
- 8.00 – 8.45 Arrival at the National and University Library
- 9.00 – 11.00 Working session I – Looking ahead to the area of freedom, security and justice (part concerning home affairs)
- 11.00 - 11.15 Coffee break
- 11.15 – 13.00 Working session II – Implementation of interoperability
- 13.00 – 13.30 Family photo
- 13.30 – 15:00 Working lunch – Migration: combatting organized smuggling networks
- 15.00 – 15.30 Press conference
- 15.30 – 16.45 Working session III – Challenges and prospects for the implementation of EBCG Regulation